Sunday, April 01, 2007

The LORD upholds him with His hand...


Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down;

For the LORD upholds him with His hand. Ps 37:24

Unless this blog is read by those who have already been perfected in Christ and their mortality has been swallowed up by immortality then all of us will likely fail at some point in some way before our Perfectly Holy God. If you don’t believe this then you are presently failing by accepting deception into your heart. For the Word of God makes it clear that until our bodies are redeemed we will be going through a process of renewal of our minds and the resulting behavior. Those who call on the name of Christ, know Him, and are known by Him will have to face this struggle of falling short of God’s perfection until Christ removes our mortal fleshly bodies and replaces them with a body like unto His own… Perfect and Holy. Yet God’s Word tells us to “Be holy, for I am holy” (1Pet 1:15) and “Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.” (2Tim 2:19). So we have been given the command and the goal but how do we come to live it? By Grace ALONE! It is Grace that calls us, forgives us, transforms and renews us, and it is Grace alone that will keep us from falling or failing as we know this Grace in Truth which comes through Christ alone. But until that Grace is perfected in us by our bodies being transformed into the Son of God’s likeness we are in a process of renewal and transformation until our death or Christ’s return.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. Rom 12:2

But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life. Titus 3:4-7

You might meditate on these Scriptures and see God’s Grace which He has provided for all who know Him in Truth.

If I say, “My foot slips,”
Your mercy, O LORD, will hold me up.
In the multitude of my anxieties within me,
Your comforts delight my soul. Ps 94:18-19


The LORD upholds all who fall,
And raises up all who are bowed down. Ps 145:14

Therefore I will look to the LORD;
I will wait for the God of my salvation;
My God will hear me.
Do not rejoice over me, my enemy;
When I fall, I will arise;
When I sit in darkness,
The LORD will be a light to me.
I will bear the indignation of the LORD,
Because I have sinned against Him,
Until He pleads my case
And executes justice for me.
He will bring me forth to the light;
I will see His righteousness. Micah 7:7-9


struck down, but not destroyed— 2Cor 4:9b

Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 2Pet 1:10-11

Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling,
And to present you faultless
Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,
To God our Savior,
Who alone is wise,
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power,
Both now and forever.
Amen.
Jude 24-25

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home