Thursday, November 23, 2006

HIS WORK...NOT MINE!

Abide in HimI think of some times in which I fell short of God’s best in my life as a believer. Like an occasion that I lost control of my temper and said or did something that wasn’t of the fruit of the Spirit but more like a mess in the flesh. I MUST have the True Grace of God to turn me back and cause me to agree with God that this was wrong and unlike Him, to know His promised cleansing by faith and let His Spirit empower me with His good fruit so I may live in such a way that glorifies Christ. This was HIS WORK NOT MINE!

So just who got the glory for getting me out of the mess? Not my own works. So then, what is one to do if they aren’t taught of God’s Grace under any circumstance of missing the mark of God’s high calling in our life, yet they have the law thrown in their face with full force of condemnation to every possible wrong? How oppressive! Such heavy bondage! We all know we are prone to wrongdoing as Paul said:

“For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do.” (Rom 7:15)

Yet he exclaimed:
“O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!” (Rom 7:24-25a)

It would be no wonder if those naively subjected under some form of legalism started to lose their minds a bit, for no human can live under the power of legalism without something breaking inside in a very unholy way. We are not designed to reproduce the image of God without God...without His Grace! It is impossible!

The virus of legalism can not stand the voice of Grace for the pride in legalism is cut down by the fact that God ALONE gets all the glory for Grace. In legalism the law makers are highly praised --and they love it so-- for they produce laws as they see fit and demand others to follow. In Grace, God is so highly praised and exalted for His Mercy on helpless and hopeless sinners as HE SAVES and KEEPS them from sin. Perfection will not come until we have left this mortal tent. But meanwhile Grace progressively creates in us an ever increasing likeness of Jesus in our lives where He ALONE is glorified and we find that we are sinning less and less as we abide in the Holy productive Vine of His Righteousness and Strength. And this is by faith ALONE through Grace ALONE through the cleansing power of His Living Word ALONE.

So I encourage you to get ALONE with God as you draw your strength from His Grace to help you in all your times of need.

“Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.” (Heb 4:14-16)

God Bless your time with Him!

1 Comments:

At 7:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Notice this:

Isaiah 43:25

"I, even I, am he who blots out
your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more." NIV

"But I, yes I, am the one who takes care of your sins—that's what I do. I don't keep a list of your sins." The Message

“ I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; And I will not remember your sins." NKJV

“I—yes, I alone—will blot out your sins for my own sake and will never think of them again." NLT

"But I wipe away your sins because of who I am. And so, I will forget the wrongs you have done."
Contemporary English Version

"I, even I, am He Who blots out and cancels your transgressions, for My own sake, and I will not remember your sins."
Amplified Bible

I love terms like blots out; wipes away; cancels your transgressions. And not remembering; never think of them again; I don't keep a list!

Why? Because of WHO HE IS. And we, when we allow Christ to live His life in us, are fulfilling that predestination to be conformed to the image of his Son so beautifully written about in Romans 8: 29-30.

Hope

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home