Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Good motives for Christian Bloggers...


With all that I have been involved with over this past year, I have had to ask myself as a believer in Christ Jesus, why blog?
Motives are undeniably important here as God looks at my heart. I can’t speak for other’s motives but I can speak for myself as God’s Light from His Words search my heart in this matter. Yet --from some things of which I have been a witness to-- I believe there is also something to be said about others who call themselves Christian and blog. I wish to share some of what I am aware of regarding both myself and other Christian bloggers today.

First of all, I wish to establish something about motives. I’ve been blessed in hearing some mp3 messages from David Martyn Lloyd-Jones on the topic of “Spiritual Warfare”. He said something in this which many have heard before but it relates to what I am sharing here. It goes something like this…

Just because we have temptations in our thoughts this does not mean they are our own willing thoughts. Of course, the enemy of our soul would have us believe they are all ours so as to discourage us. The test is in asking ourselves if we desire the thoughts or if we hate them and find them disturbing and wrong. For the Devil does have his “fiery darts” which may come in the from of tempting or deceptive thoughts in our minds. We must distinguish our born-again spiritual thoughts coming from abiding in Christ and His Word as opposed to those thoughts coming from the enemy of our soul which are meant to deceive, mislead, or tempt us. And something to note here right away is just how the Word of God makes it clear to us that Satan will even use Scripture to attempt to mislead and tempt us as in the case of the Son of God (Mt 4:1-11).

My Lord, Jesus Christ, is my friend who sticks closer than a brother. I am never alone when no other human is around. He is faithful all the time every time to be with me, “For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” Keeping this in mind and being willing to “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom” is really how God works in our hearts to reform us into His true image. This is also how God reveals to us which motives are from Him and which are from the Devil or our old nature. I consider more of God’s Words here:

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Heb 4:12

I, the LORD, search the heart, I test the mind,
Even to give every man according to his ways,
According to the fruit of his doings. Jer 17:10

Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God. Rom 8:27

And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another. Gal 5:24-26

I have at times wrestled with some distracting thoughts in blogging. For instance, I may think that this is worthless or of no value. And yet I really believe God would have me use this blogging experience as a means of sharing my faith and love in Him as well as a means of growing in His grace and knowledge by using blogs to share some personal study of God's Word. No matter which of the various forms of communication we are using, we are always called by God to do some of the following things in it depending on who we are communicating with:

For our like-minded brothers and sisters in Christ:

Therefore let us pursue the things which make for peace and the things by which one may edify another. Rom 14:19

Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing. 1Thes 5:11


For those who are not yet realizing there dire need for Christ Jesus' free Salvation from sin and Hell:

How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written:
“How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace,
Who bring glad tidings of good things!”
But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our report?” So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. But I say, have they not heard? Yes indeed:
“Their sound has gone out to all the earth,
And their words to the ends of the world.” Rom 10:14-18


For those who stray from the Truth into lies, yet claim to be of Christ:

I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom: Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry. 2Tim 4:1-5


For those who attack us for being His children and exposing darkness:

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed. 1Pet 3:15-16


And most importantly for God’s glory:


Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. 1Cor 10:31

And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. Col 3:17

And this is what each of us who profess to know Christ Jesus should yield to in Him:

Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy, fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others. Phil 2:1-4

These passages from Scripture --along with the rest of God's Words-- shall be my guide in all I do as a Christian Blogger. And my prayer is that God will have His way completely in all I say and do. And that whatever God wishes to do with the blogs --of which I am responsible for-- He may have complete control without my grieving or quenching His Holy Spirit by my own flesh or selfish desires. He may take this wherever He wishes without my pushing it in the flesh or holding back the active use of godly wisdom for the advancement of His purposes for my blogs as He compels me. I say "my blogs" but really they are His and for His glory and purposes. I am simply the person responsible for their content. I am a steward of God, an ambassador of Christ Jesus. If only one or two are touched by God through these blogs or if many are touched by God in them this must be up to His own working and will. I am free to grow in the grace and knowledge of God here as He does what He wants with that. I am accountable to all Christians who follow our Lord in sincerity and have the whole Gospel as their reference for any corrections to be made to the things I say on any blog.

May I maintain pure motives in His sight for these blogs...

NoahLot... A place exposing darkness with Christ's Light of Truth to defend God's glory and protect the innocent and unwary.

Haven of Grace...
A haven of edification, exhortation, and comfort for Believers in Christ Jesus.

The Truth of the Gospel...
A place for sharing Truth with those searching and unsaved that they may be freed from Satan's lies.

Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home