Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Life’s a vapor…then Eternity!

I do believe God’s Word speaks well enough on this in which we could do well to meditate upon...

First comes the vapor:

“Man who is born of woman
Is of few days and full of trouble.
He comes forth like a flower and fades away;
He flees like a shadow and does not continue.”
“Since his days are determined,
The number of his months is with You;
You have appointed his limits, so that he cannot pass.”
Job 14:1-2,5

“LORD, make me to know my end,
And what is the measure of my days,
That I may know how frail I am.
Indeed, You have made my days as handbreadths,
And my age is as nothing before You;
Certainly every man at his best state is but vapor. Selah" Ps 39:4-5

“So teach us to number our days,
That we may gain a heart of wisdom.” Ps 90:12

“For all our days have passed away in Your wrath;
We finish our years like a sigh.
The days of our lives are seventy years;
And if by reason of strength they are eighty years,
Yet their boast is only labor and sorrow;
For it is soon cut off, and we fly away.” Ps 90:9-10

“Remember how short my time is;
For what futility have You created all the children of men?
What man can live and not see death?
Can he deliver his life from the power of the grave? Selah” Ps 89:46

“For He remembered that they were but flesh,
A breath that passes away and does not come again.” Ps 78:39

“My days are like a shadow that lengthens,
And I wither away like grass.” Ps 102:10

“As for man, his days are like grass;
As a flower of the field, so he flourishes.
For the wind passes over it, and it is gone,
And its place remembers it no more.” Ps 103:15-16

“Man is like a breath;
His days are like a passing shadow.” Ps 144:4

“whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away.” James 4:14

I have been meditating on these words lately. In another post here, I plan to look at God’s Word which also speaks much of the Eternity which will follow after this vapor of mortal life has disappeared.

Oh God, help us to ponder this brief and passing life. And help us to keep our focus on that which is to come very soon for all of us that we may consider how vital it is for each of us to know and follow You faithfully now. Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home